November 1, 2007

nerves

Well, I went in to apply for subbing at the local high school yesterday, and today, they called me! (Random reason #152 that I'm glad I didn't go to the public high school: They don't even ask for references from their subs! I mean, they fingerprint you, yes, but still . . . not a single one.) Anywho, I go in tomorrow for my first full day of substitute teaching . . .

more fall color

So I'm a little nervous, but I'm trying to get all my nerves out tonight. At least it's an English class, not physics or philosophy or P.E. In the words of a friend (and former teacher) of mine, "It's like being around rabid animals: you can't let them see that you're afraid." Still (and as always), I appreciate your support!

2 comments:

Casey Maura said...

Good luck!! I know you'll do fabulously. Just remember to look 'em in the eye and show who's boss! :D

Sending lots of well-wishes your way!! ♥ ♥ ♥

Blaze said...

Congratulations and the very best of luck!! You will do great! And just in case, bring a dunce cap and set it on your desk... just so they know what they're up against! ;)

Also, I wanted to let you know that I posted my own inspiration on my blog! I mentioned your post, so hopefully others can enjoy your beautiful blog as I do!

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend, and again good luck with the children!