I expect to be AWOL this weekend. Besides having friends expected in town, I have some family unexpectedly in town. I'm advancing on the productivity side of things, however, and hope to have more to share soon! (really)
In the meantime, on with the links!
- beautifully preserving the sketches of childhood
- subverting expectations: join the paint-by-numbers revolt
- now I want to reread some Madeline L'Engle
- at last, a use for these beautiful antiques for those of us who don't smoke: a cigarette case needle holder
- the old-fashioned touch of the graceful lady Anna
- artwork that puts me in mind of Doris Lessing's "An Old Woman and her Cat"
- This last one isn't actually a link, but Princess Grace is once again gracing the cover of Life! Check your newsstands for a commemorative photo issue published for the 25th anniversary of her death.