Although I've been AWOL for some time, it isn't entirely my fault. For the past week, I've been playing mommy to a beautiful 14-month-old little girl. The family for which I babysit went to DisneyWorld and, understandably, left the baby behind.
- Receiving suspicious glances and intrusive questions every time we left the house
- Being asked by a woman in the grocery store to join her mommy-baby workout group
- Watching TiVo-ed episodes of "What Not to Wear" (a show with which I have quite the love-hate relationship) during naptime
- Being bitten by a small homo sapiens for the first time since I was 6
- Getting that adorable, sleep-eyed smile everytime I went ot pick her up out of her crib, and the soft droning chorus of da-da-da-da-da (the only syllable she can pronounce with any coherence or fluency) following me wherever I went