November 26, 2007

enchanting enchanted

Alright, so the Christmas links will have to wait until later this week. I'm coming across so many lovely ideas and inspiration, I'm having trouble editting my list! My own head is spinning with ideas and inspiration as well - we'll see what comes of it all! In the meantime, I can deliver on the promised movie review:


So after the company had left on Thanksgiving, the four of us rolled over to see Enchanted. I'd been looking forward to this one since the trailer first came out this summer, and overall I'd say it didn't disappoint. Amy Adams was the perfect Disney princess, and the only criticism for James Marsden as the archetypal prince was that he a had a trifle too much personality.

Nathaniel: Sire, do you . . . like yourself?
Prince Edward: What's not to like?

Prince Edward: I don't know what 'melodramatic' means.

It ended up being slightly more chick-flicky and less spoofish than I would've preferred, but still a great film. If you're at all a Disney fan, you'll smile at the many classic touches. And it won't take a genius to figure out my favorite part (click if you have no objections to spoilers). I highly recommend! Warning: the soundtrack WILL be stuck in your head for days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have such an enchanting site! :)

Casey Maura said...

I've been wondering if its worth going to see when I'm in the mood for something light and fluffy!! hehe! (Usually my boyfriend and I end up going to see action movies, so if I want to watch a chick flick, I have to do it myself! rofl!) Thanks for the mini review. ;)