You know how you put something off so long, not because you dread it but just because, but it's so long overdue that you begin to dread it, which makes you put it off more and dread it more? That's what this post is like. I miss you all so much though that I've decided to face the dread and do it. Here's a glimpse of what the past 2 weeks have held for me:
- A trip to Kewanee for my cousin's funeral. Thanks for your prayers, all.
- My birthday! I'm 23 now, which feels very in-between, both old and young. Mixed feelings about that.
- As a part of the birthday celebrations, I and some friends went to see Penelope. SUCH a good movie. I think I enjoyed the design as much or more than the story line - Penelope looks like she lives in Anthropologie. The story was great too, though. And James McAvoy? swoon.
- One of my dearest friends was in town last weekend. We didn't get done half the things we wanted, but the stolen moments were sweet.
- Spent a week being sick with 3 different things. Blah.
- Had the first two rehearsals for a play I'm directing and costuming with my youth group. Directing is new to me, but I'm enjoying it. After only two rehearsals, the kids have grown so much, which is really exciting. Tonight we have our first costume meeting, which is even MORE exciting!
- Collecting beautiful images and dreaming up some designs. I'd love to make some clothing this summer, but everything is so up in the air that I can't promise anything.
- Sighing hopelessly over Martha's spring-cleaning sale. Sigh.
- Neglecting my sewing. Sigh.
- Read My Name is Asher Lev (a birthday gift), which gave lot to think and ponder on concerning art and the life of the artist. Hang tight, quotes may be forthcoming.
And other things, like applications and cover letters, but I won't bore you with the sordid details. The upcoming week is also very full - my sister's spring break, more rehearsals, babysitting for the first half of the week, and another friend coming in at the end of the week. So don't be surprised if you don't hear from me - I'm way behind on checking blogs, too. Nonetheless, take care, all!